The City of Ottawa is looking for a Summer Student Project
Assistant for the term of May until the end of August.
Salary: $14.00 per hour (Minimum Wage)
Assists the Supervisor or designate in performing project related functions including:
• Providing computerized technical support to branch projects, such as automated tracking systems of
projects and requests for information.
• Conducting research such as media scans, literature reviews, web searches, library searches. • Sharing information with team members using a variety of communication tools.
• Producing management reports from MS Project.
• Updating project plans electronically.
• Maintaining project filing system- logging file contents.
• Compile information into spreadsheets, templates and other formats.
• Complete logistics for meetings.
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of second year College or university): Studies in Business Administration, Policy, or a related field.
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required :
Related experience which may include working in an office setting, administration of an office, project or research related work. Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
Some knowledge of office procedures.
Solid analytical skills and sound judgment.
Solid communication skills, orally and in writing, including participating in meetings and presentations.
Advanced level of competence of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, graphics programs, statistical analysis programs, SAP, etc.
Experience working within a project-based environment.
Competencies & Skills Ability to follow general guidelines.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
If this opportunity matches your interest please provide your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 20, 2020 at 12 noon