Competition Number: C22-23-SS-24
Closing date: 2023-02-26 23:45
Position: Building Services Technician (Temporary full-time replacement until the end of June 2023 with possibility of extension.)
Department: Building Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Karl Lamarche
TYPE OF HIRING: Temporary full-time replacement until the end of June 2023 with possibility of extension.
WORK SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday- Schedule to be determined
The principal and customary work of the employee in this employment class consists in performing technical duties in the field of building mechanicals, to ensure the good working order of the equipment. He/she operates and modifies mechanical, electrical and control installations, and applies the regular and preventive maintenance programs for different equipment, apparatus and power or service systems.
In the field of architecture and civil engineering, he/she can also work on the aspects of the different stages of a building’s life cycle by performing various technical work related to the design, preparation, verification and supervision of building development, renovation, restoration, or construction projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
– Must have a diploma of college studies (DEC) in building mechanicals, in architecture or in civil engineering according to the appropriate field, or a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
– Must be fluently bilingual in both English and French (written, spoken and comprehension).
– Must have computer software experience including Microsoft Office Suite.
– Knowledge of the functioning of the operated systems (boiler, heat pump, water tower, fresh air supply, energy recovery, lighting and building automation system).
– Good knowledge of digital control systems (DDC).
– Must possess practical skills and experience related to the area of activity (space management, physical inventory management systems, energy saving management programs, preventative maintenance programs, etc.).For more information, please go to: Building Services Technician
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on “APPLY”. You will be able to create an account and upload your résumé and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests.
Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women,
Indigenous peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.
From 2023-02-08 00:00 to 2023-02-26 23:45