Canadian Museum of Nature
ME-06 – $73,439 to $90,014 per year
Permanent Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
Work Location: Natural Heritage Campus (NHC) – Gatineau, QC
Closing Date: May 7, 2023
Your place at the Museum
We value diversity and believe we benefit from working in a place where everyone feels included and where the unique qualities and strengths inherent in a diverse workforce are combined. We welcome applications from persons who may identify as a member of one or more other equity seeking groups (for e.g. visible minorities, disabled, 2SLGBTQIA+, religious or cultural minority).
You have a place at the Museum!
About the Position
Provides technical, operational, systems analysis, and project/contract management support for the Museum’s Information Technology and Information Management function and ensures the effective management of the CMN’s Corporate IM/IT Standards, Systems, and Procedures.
Working at the Museum means:
- Contributing to an engaging mission as well as exciting projects and challenges
- An inclusive, friendly and safe work environment
- A competitive salary established by collective agreements
- Access to federal public service group insurance and pension plans
This position is open to all Employees of the Canadian Museum of Nature and any members of the public who meet the qualifications below.*Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Education and training:
Successful completion of a post-secondary education specializing in business administration, project management, library or computer sciences, or a demonstrated equivalent combination of education, experience and training. A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is an asset.
English and French languages are essential.
Bilingualism is an asset BBB/BBB
Experience:• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing IM/IT projects using methodologies such as the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), PRINCE2, or equivalent;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in researching and implementing Information Technology and Information Management policies, procedures and standards from organizations. Experience with Government of Canada and/or Industry Best Practices will be considered as an asset;
• Minimum 2 years of experience gathering, assessing, documenting and analyzing end-user and business needs (requirements) for corporate applications and hardware, and researching, evaluating, recommending, and deploying technology solutions to meet these needs;
• Experience developing and applying Project Management tools including work in progress, issues and risk tracking, situational reports, project charters, work breakdown structures, etc.
• Experience reporting on and interpreting the status of IM/IT projects to employees and management
• Experience researching and writing IM & IT operational documentation such as policies/procedures, status/performance reports, and end-user guides/instructions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to inclusive and barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If you are invited to participate in the selection process, we encourage you to advise us of any accommodations you may require. This information will be treated as confidential.
The Statement of Qualifications providing greater detail about the skills, knowledge and aptitudes needed for this role can be obtained by contacting the Museum at the email address below.
All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume outlining how their experience and training meet the requirements listed above. Send a cover letter and your resume by email to: email@example.com with competition number 2090-CMN-23-OC-026, in the subject line.
Please note that only those applicants who are invited to participate further in the selection process will receive a response.For more information visit: Nexicom Email Protection has detected a possible fraud attempt from “nature.ca” claiming to be Project Leader, Information Management and Information Technology – Canadian Museum of Nature