Cégep Heritage College
(Temporary full-time replacement until the end of October 2023 with possibility of extension)
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Julie Goulet
WORK LOCATION: 325, boul. de la Cité-des-Jeunes, Gatineau (Québec) J8Y 6T3
TYPE OF HIRING: Temporary full-time replacement until October 2023 with possibility of extension.
COMPETITION CLOSES: April 9th, 2023
WORK SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday- Schedule to be determined.
SALARY: $49,456.00 to $87,626.00 per year
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant specialization such as Teaching, Guidance, School and Career Information, Psychology, etc.
- Must be fluently bilingual in both English and French (written, spoken and comprehension).
- Must have computer software experience including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be a member of l’Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and could work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work effectively with respect to deadlines and produce accurate results.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
- Experience related to the position will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Cégep system in the context of education in Québec will be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/. Click on the job posting, then click on “APPLY”. You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter. Please note that only online applications will be considered. N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This professional position includes more specifically functions to help students choose the training profile that suits them, considering their preferences and possibilities and according to the orientation for their academic and professional careers.
Based on counselling interviews as well as test results, the professional advises the student on his/her orientation. He/she participates in the organization and realization of conferences, study days, prepares workshops in time management, etc
- Performs tasks related to the development and implementation of guidance service objectives and policies considering the College’s success plan.
- Advises students in their vocational choices by assessing their interests, aptitudes, abilities, personality traits, professional experiences and needs through counseling interviews and group meetings, using appropriate methods.
- Addresses issues related to indecision, lack of vocational goal, loss of meaning surrounding their studies, problems of adaptation or performance related to their studies.
- Informs, guides, and supports students on the various programs offered at the university, college levels or other levels of education, on their admission procedures and of the opportunities related to them.
- Guides and helps the students to understand the information about the different professions (perspectives, working conditions, evolution of tasks, etc.).
- Participates in case studies as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Prepares and keeps up-to-date student’s files on aspects within his/her competency.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with labor market representatives, administrators, faculty, and other institutions involved in student orientation.
- Sees to the organization and realization of activities such as conferences, study days and industrial visits. In collaboration with the other stakeholders concerned, develops, and carries out, as part of the College’s success plan, activities that promote the success, graduation, and personal development of students.
- Analyzes, evaluates, classifies, and occasionally adapts academic and career information for students.
- Administers and interprets aptitude tests and meets with students to discuss results.
- As a member of Student Services:
- Participates in orientation and registration activities.
- Meets with students who wish to leave their programs or the College.
- Contributes to the College’s promotional activities.
- Is responsible for providing educational assistance to students in technical programs and must maintain close ties to the job market.
- Accompanies students in the transition to the workplace and their career (résumé writing, selection interview, social media employment profile, etc.).
- Verifies and keeps up to date the information appearing on conventional documents, on the Cégep’s website or Omnivox relating to guidance services.
- Oversees the planning and organization of activities such as conferences, workshops, information booths and career fairs.
- Coordinates university visits.
- Participates in the information activities of universities and educational institutions.
- Keeps abreast of labor market trends and training programs.
- May be required to perform other related duties.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on “APPLY”. You will be able to create an account and upload your résumé and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests.
From 2023-03-24 00:00 to 2023-04-09 23:45
Cégep Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.