This senior role oversees and implements strategic engagement with key stakeholders & Indigenous groups for Major Projects and Operations. Key stakeholders include local government ofﬁcials, Indigenous groups, inﬂuential business leaders, emergency responders and non-government organizations. Where this involves Indigenous people, this engagement is consistent with the principles contained in Enbridge’s Indigenous and Native American Policy.
Enbridge is looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
- University degree from a related post-secondary program
- 10 or more years of directly related work experience in Indigenous or stakeholder engagement, preferably in the resources sector, particularly in the energy industry / energy transportation infrastructure sector
- In-depth knowledge and direct experience in engaging with Indigenous communities, including on Indigenous history and rights, on cultural protocols and norms, on Indigenous politics and the ability to successfully engage with indigenous people.
- Familiar with Indigenous history and culture
- Familiarity with applicable government and regulatory requirements, as well as present day issues and community dynamics
- Experience in and understanding of a large, public company with operations in multiple regions.
- Specific experience in cross-cultural stakeholder and community engagement
- Knowledge of community development practices and organizational effectiveness strategies
- Ability to interact effectively and establish credibility with a wide audience including Indigenous leaders and community representatives, field and corporate staff, external stakeholder groups, partners and contractors
- Solid written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational abilities
- Persistence, patience, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Sense of urgency, with well-developed prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to multiple and competing priorities
- Able to deal with a variety of external and internal disciplines and senior management and manage multiple projects at once, under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment in determining relevant content for employees
- Strong customer focus with the ability to listen, identify key issues, advise and maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues and messages, and implement the programs
- Strong research skills in subject matter field
- Excellent attention to detail
For the full job description, list of responsibilities, and qualifications please click here, or view the job posting here.
Please submit your application online at https://careers.enbridge.
com/ Enbridge thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.