Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, M. Sullivan & Son Limited (“Sullivan”) provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a family owned and professionally operated General Contractor (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to our communities, and over 105 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Sullivan may be right for you. We believe in and support opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Project Manager and HSE Manager, will primarily be responsible to prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, filling and reports. The Administrative Assistant must possess ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Employment Type: 1 year term with potential for extension and / or permanent employment.
Location: This position is located at 123 Generating Station Lane, Calabogie ON.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, filling, spreadsheets, presentations and reports
- Assist in the compilation of data for various reports
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of group site meetings, special projects, and events
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- Photocopy and organize documents for distribution and filing
- Prepare agendas for meetings, and transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Assist with jobsite administration duties, such as timesheet completion, and any daily logs that need to be maintained and processed
Experience & Skills
- A diploma in Business Administration or Office Administration is an asset (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years in an administrative role. Experience on a construction job site is an asset
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Travel to and from job site each day. Parking available on site.
- PPE required (safety boots)