West Gate Attendant (Temporary/Seasonal) – Algonquin Park
Ontario Parks is looking to fill one (1), temporary seasonal recurring positions available at Algonquin Park, up to 10 months
Salary: $20.94-$24.14/per hour / 36.25 hours per week
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Park Superintendent and group leadership of the Park Operations Technical Specialist and Head Gate Attendant, to provide clerical and information services associated with the issuing of park permits/licenses and reconciliation of funds received in the day-to-day operation. For the full job specification please click here. What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Gate Attendant, you will:
• issue and file permits
• collect park fees, sell merchandise, record all funds
received and balance cash
• register park users and report revenues
• assist in the training and leadership of students and volunteers
• provide general information about the park to visitors
• provide first aid and emergency services
How do I qualify?
• You must have a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario.
• You have the ability to work shifts on weekends and holidays as required.
• You possess knowledge of office procedures, clerical processes and the ability to operate office machines and equipment.
Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills:
• You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to prepare correspondence and provide customer service.
• You have the ability to understand, apply and interpret operational policies, procedures and acts to provide information to peers and park visitors.
• You have demonstrated organizational, mathematical and cash handling skills.
• You possess the ability to use personal computers, software applications, databases, reservation systems and can perform data entry.
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.