The Class B Building Operator is responsible for the operation of Refrigeration System,
boilers and auxiliary equipment in a safe and efficient manner as per codes and regulations working full time on the Zibi project site located in Gatineau Quebec. Zibi encourages all Indigenous Peoples, with a variety of skills sets and experiences to apply to this opportunity to gain hands on experience and knowledge working within the Zibi community. Training and development are available.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Observe and record readings from all meters and gauges for fuel, water, and power consumption, as well as refrigeration readings and engineering logbooks
- Responsible for checking for the proper operation of all mechanical equipment
- Routine equipment maintenance, clean and lubricate equipment, assist during routine system testing, clean river water strainers
- Use of a computer and automation control systems
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- using personal protective equipment. Health & Safety training and PPE to be provided.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs,
- kneeling, climbing, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
Modern Niagara values the diversity of the people they hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If accommodation is required during the recruitment process, please advise Modern Niagara so that suitable accommodations can be made. Modern Niagara can be reached at email@example.com.
Click Here to print below PDF.Zibi_Building-Operator_Job-Posting_External